11/04/2009

Punch and Judy and The Man

In the days before the single puppeteer operation, RR and myself were giving our P&J show some mighty welly. The kids were screaming and yelling and having a ball and we were pushing our panto experience and it was all great fun.

Just as the Copper was about to nick Robbie the Robber - a most irate male adult stuck his head over the playboard, looked down at us and cried out "Would you EVER stop this INFERNAL racket!"

I looked at RR "Jaysus, were not that crap are we?"

The irate adult continued, "I’m trying to have a nice peaceful afternoon in my own garden and I am unable to because of all this noise!!" Ohhh, he lived in one of the posh houses that bordered the Old Belvedere Rugby grounds.

Now as we were not thinking straight, I answered (in Robbie the Robbers voice - with the puppet turning to look at him) "Ehhhhhh, I tink you better talk to de boss - he’s around the back somewhere…I tink!"

"I’m staying right here, until someone comes to talk to me". said the man, Robbie replied "Ehhhh OK - he’ll be witcha-inna-minnit"

So, for the next few minutes - Mr Irate stood in front of the booth, the kids looking at him and both puppets staying on stage…saying nothing….BUT, "kept looking at their watches", "scratching their heads" and were eventually brave enough to start "yawning"!

These surreal few moments eventually passed, Mr Irate moved off the with boss with both puppets stretching the necks following the man as he dissapeared!

"Is he gone, boys and girls" said Robbie, "Yes, he is" sez the boys and girls

Me and RR looked at each other…………………."Oh no he’s not" said the puppets!!!!!

Paul Furey - Really Grand Events
www.reallygrandevents.com/rge

0 comments:

Post a Comment